I followed the instructions from WebTrends and found only one item that didn't go as expected. Step 4, didn't completely stop every WebTrends service. So I did that task manually by accessing the Administration services list.
The whole process took about 5 minutes.
Take note, IE 7 hidd the SmartView Icon. I spent more time looking for it then doing this fix.
Let me know if you try that and it works. It was hidden on my installation to the right of the home button which was postion to the far right. I finally simply expanded this tool bar and lo and behold there was the SmartView icon.
All tests proved positive.